What do I do if I receive an Error Uploading a document
If you are unable to upload your document, an error message in red will appear on your screen. Check out our tips and tricks for errors commonly encountered.
Common error messages
- If you receive an "Illegal character error message", try to re-set the setting on your scanner and re-scan your document
- When you re-scan the document be sure to do so at a lower resolution
- Try to upload your records using a different browser (i.e. Google Chrome, Safari or Mozilla Firefox)
- Update your computer software
- If you need assistance converting your file into PDF format, please click here for instructions.
File too large
- The file you are trying to upload is too large. Please resize your files. The maximum combined file size is 5mb
- A file can only be uploaded if it is less than 5MB.
- Visit: smallpdf.com and choose the action that you would like to complete i.e compress/merge/convert
Phone: 877.461.6831 or 919.502.7689
Chat: Select the message icon within the help article page
Did you find this article helpful?